I started in education at the age of 29. I taught middle school students for a total of ten years and have been the middle school principal since then.
2. What makes you love coming to work each day?
I get excited to come to work everyday because of the energy that the students bring with them. I see them and know how good of a job I have.
3. What is something you do each day that people probably don’t realize principals have to do?
I have to fill a number of roles, but one that is surprising is I am the person that students are referred to when they have been injured in some way.
4. Name something you personally look forward to each school year.
The return of the students! It livens things up when they get here.
5. If you had an unlimited financial and/or volunteer reserve, what would you do to improve your educational environment?
I would hire a number of school counselors to go into the community to offer support for parents.
6. What was the best part of your summer vacation?
I didn’t take a summer vacation.
7. What is your favorite book? (Can be a kid’s book or an adult book)
The Poet by Connelly
8. What is one piece of advice you’d like to pass along to the students in your school?
If you want something that is important to you, put your heart and soul into working for it.